- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Beyond Clicks: Instructional Strategies that Facilitate Cognitive Processes
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - May 18, 2012
Gina Ann Richter
Sr. ID Strategist
Interactivity has been a focus of eLearning since eLearning’s inception, and interactivity remains a critical topic today. However, the technology or modality components of interactivity have often taken center stage with a focus on physical interaction, and less focus on the learners and on the benefits cognitive interactivity can have on the learning process.
Participants in this session will learn about creating effective and instructionally efficient learning environments — environments that enable cognitive interactivity by leveraging research-based instructional strategies and their supporting technologies.
In this session, you will learn:
- About an instructional-design process you can use to identify business drivers and design eLearning that helps your learners achieve learning outcomes and then measure success
- Instructional strategies that facilitate cognitive processes
- Instructional strategies that manage cognitive load
- Instructional strategies that increase germane cognitive load and decrease extraneous cognitive load
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA