- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using a Cloud Platform to Deliver Software Training
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - June 7, 2012
Consulting Curriculum Developer
Good learning includes practical, hands-on experience, particularly when the subject matter is software. But the logistics of providing such practice environments can be complex, especially when you need to support many different classes and technologies from day to day. Should students install our new billing tool on their laptops? Will the machines in this classroom have enough memory? Do we want students to access the real claims-management system? While virtual-classroom solutions enable remote lecturing and collaboration, they don’t really address these specific concerns.
Participants in this session will learn how the concept of “virtualization” applies not only to classrooms, but to your classroom IT infrastructure as well. Cloud platforms allow you to more quickly create practice environments for a training engagement while at the same time pooling and making the most efficient use of expensive hardware resources. You’ll explore various public cloud options, as well as techniques for implementing your own.
In this session, you will learn:
- About cloud-computing and hardware-virtualization concepts
- About the costs and benefits of cloud-based training
- How to quickly provision environments for new training events
- How students access virtual machines
- About various cloud products and technologies
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO