- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
What Is a MOOC & How Will It Change Learning?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - June 8, 2012
Instructional Design Consultant
A new buzzword in eLearning and Web 2.0 is “MOOC.” MOOCs, or Massive Open Online Courses, are the newest adventure in online learning, and they are free to all. Universities are getting in on the ground floor of having thousands of students in a course at the same time — but are students learning?
Participants in this session will learn what a MOOC is and how universities are using MOOCs to enable worldwide learning. You’ll also explore how MOOCs can be helpful to corporate-education teams, and about a new adult learning theory: connectivism.
In this session, you will learn:
- What a MOOC is and how learners engage with MOOCs
- What connectivism is and how it affects learning in the 21st Century
- The top five ways corporate-education teams can leverage MOOCs
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA