- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Acquiring Tacit Knowledge from SMEs
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - July 27, 2012
Tacit knowledge is the most difficult type of knowledge to identify, and even more difficult to capture and document. But in times of high attrition and workforce turnover, for the sake of business continuity, it’s critical to identify, capture, and document precisely how SMEs think before they walk away with what’s in their heads. Effective acquisition of tacit knowledge can blunt the impact of a SME’s departure from your organization.
Participants in this session will review some knowledge-capturing, -sharing, and -documenting practices that have proven effective. These are simple tools that any organization can successfully employ.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the common categories of tacit knowledge
- Why organizations need to document tacit knowledge
- Tools for gathering acquiring tacit knowledge, including corrective action preventive action (CAPA) sheets, mind maps, interviews, and communities of practice
- About the challenges of acquiring tacit knowledge and how to overcome these challenges
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA