- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design for Communication: Strategies for eLearning Professionals
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - August 23, 2012
St. John's University
eLearning professionals often have questions surrounding design strategies for learning materials. Many find themselves “guessing” about layout, composition, and typography. Yet better-designed eLearning courses yield stronger communication and focused visuals. Following the basic principles of design helps dictate communication to the audience.
Participants in this session will learn about good design by focusing on composition, the grid, images/video/animation, and typeface. You’ll be able to see and comment on design examples as well as learn about design principles.
In this session, you will learn:
- Basic design principles for better screen designs
- Simple rubrics to use to evaluate your designs
- Layout and composition concepts
- How to better use type, images, and multimedia components
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA