- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Standardization to Align eLearning Development
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - September 13, 2012
Senior eLearning Designer
Manager, Instructional Design and Development
WellPoint integrated several training departments as part of a restructuring effort to streamline processes and better align performance improvement solutions. When the integration was complete and the team formed, they learned that they had different development styles, an assortment of software applications, varying levels of expertise, and a diverse set of team-member strengths. By creating pre-defined templates and development rules, they have accomplished the mission to develop courses with a standardized look and feel. They carefully constructed the protocols and templates to allow for individual team-member creativity, and they use a post-production peer-to-peer quality review process that encompasses all the guidelines.
In this case-study session, you’ll learn how WellPoint’s centralized eLearning team developed a set of protocols based on best practices within the eLearning industry, selected a unified development methodology, and developed an internal Quality Assurance (QA) process while still maintaining speed-to-market requirements. You’ll see the job aids that assist team members in getting up to speed on the eLearning delivery platform, and learn how they created a common language around eLearning and other learning technologies.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can develop, share, and reinforce protocols to produce consistent eLearning
- How an internal quality review program outlines the performance expectation for your eLearning designers
- How using a peer-to-peer review process can spark creativity and provide exposure to other design ideas
- The benefits of using a standardized development methodology
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer