- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
eLearning Localization: Attaining Behavioral Change and Local Objectives
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - September 13, 2012
Founder and CEO
Designing, developing, and implementing an effective eLearning program is quite a challenge. The challenge is even steeper if you also need to replicate that effectiveness across a multitude of learners who speak different languages, respond to different cultural cues, and have different sets of values. How do you plan for this? What are the best practices for eLearning localization? How long will this take? What technologies can help you streamline the work and minimize costs?
Participants in this session will explore a road map for successfully developing and implementing international eLearning content. You’ll examine five strategic themes for producing effective international eLearning development: 1) aligning your global eLearning strategy to your local business objectives, 2) optimizing behavioral change in multiple cultures, 3) understanding how the choice of technology impacts eLearning in international settings, 4) using language localization to your advantage, and 5) adjusting eLearning development tactics to minimize cost and time-to-market.
In this session, you will learn:
- About a road map for developing global eLearning initiatives
- About a framework for identifying and assessing cultural differences and about a methodology for adapting the content
- What technologies to use and how to use them in an international eLearning development setting
- How to use localization/translation to your advantage
- Eight tips for minimizing cost and time-to-market of eLearning projects involving translation
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)