- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Gamification: Using Game Mechanics to Enhance eLearning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - October 12, 2012
Senior Emerging Technologies Learning Architect
Is “gamification” just another meaningless trend, or can the principles that game designers employ to engage players really be applied to the design of eLearning? What exactly is gamification? And can you apply the theories of gamification to a variety of projects regardless of scope and budget? With the sheer scale of the gaming industry, game developers have dedicated a great deal of time and resources to finding ways to hook gamers — ways that you can apply to eLearning design. An experienced game designer, now in the eLearning space, will share his experience with using proven game mechanics and motivational techniques to strengthen interactive learning experiences.
Participants in this session will learn how eLearning professionals can apply game mechanics to non-game environments. You’ll see how you can use the same mechanics that captivate gamers to make your eLearning more engaging, fun, and effective.
In this session, you will learn:
- Myths and facts of gamification — what it is, and what it is not
- Proven game-design mechanics you can use to enhance eLearning
- Development tips for increased creativity and quality
- Practical knowledge for creating more engaging, fun, and effective eLearning
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager