- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Research Insights Library
- Guild Publications
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Online Events Archive
Using Metaphor in e-Learning Design to Mesmerize Your Learners
Online Forums 2010 - January 28, 2010
Sales Learning Manager
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Do you frequently wonder how to reach learners outside the box? Is your e-Learning dry? Do you want to add some spice to your trainings?
Participants in this session will explore the use of metaphor for creating trainings that enable a learner to do something by practicing that skill, or by learning a concept in an indirect way. You’ll brainstorm a perfect metaphor for the challenge you have at hand (come prepared with concepts and ideas). You will see a variety of metaphor and scenario examples used to train sales and marketing professionals on new products and processes, and practice setting the stage for applying the metaphor using images with sound or video. See how one unmistakably whimsical metaphor delighted and mesmerized the CEO of a major corporation!
In this session, you will learn:
- What makes a good metaphor, with examples used in an industry familiar to us all: Coffee
- Methods to brainstorm metaphors for use in your own e-Learning projects based on Architecture school practices
- How to use Articulate to set the stage for the metaphor entrance
- How to storyboard effective images, voice, and/or video to relay the metaphor
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
79,714Join The eLearning Guild